The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and New York Sea Grant (NYSG) are inviting property owners, contractors, and land managers interested in applying natural and nature-based features to protect waterfront areas.
Presentations will include information on:
- the role native vegetation plays at the water’s edge
- geologic processes, such as erosion, glaciation, and sediment transport, that impact the waterfront
- examples of local nature-based shoreline and conservation projects
- funding for community waterfront projects; and
- an optional shoreline walk with discussion about nature-based shoreline management techniques.
The workshops and walks will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday, June 29, 2023 at Westcott Beach State Park, NYS Route 3 along Lake Ontario in the Town of Henderson, and on Friday, June 30, 2023 at Kring Point State Park, 25690 Kring Point Road along the St. Lawrence River and Goose Bay in the Town of Alexandria.
There is no cost for the workshop; however, pre-registration is required for admission to the park courtesy of the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Register for the June 29 workshop online at https://bit.ly/wwnworkshopjune2923, for the June 30 workshop at https://bit.ly/wwnworkshopjune3023. Contact New York Sea Grant at 315-312-3042 for assistance.